Search my Blog

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Chapter Four

“Look at the attorney!”
“Sharon!” Justin cried out, hugging, carrying and turning her around as she laughingly protested that he put her down. “God, I missed you.”
“You too, Cute Guy.” She turned to Richard, “Good evening, Richard.”
“Hello, Sharon. Why don’t you guys catch up while I go do my thing?” Richard said, walking away smiling.
“I didn’t expect to meet you here. I thought you were still in Paris.”
“I just came back.”
Justin looked at Sharon, grinning. Sharon Charlwood was his step-aunt, the only Charlwood he loved. He and Sharon had grown up together in the Charlwood mansion, Sharon being one year older than him. She was someone he could tell all his deepest secrets and expect to give him an honest and blunt response. It was Sharon who had advised him to get a Harvard scholarship and to get his job without the Charlwood influence. He knew that Alistair wouldn’t have minded funding his schooling but he took Sharon’s advice and he was glad he did. Even his father was proud of him for doing that.
“How’s that boyfriend of yours?” Justin teased.
Sharon paled slightly then cheerfully diverted the subject, “Guess who I saw?”
“George Clooney?”
“You idiot.” Sharon said, laughing. To Justin, George Clooney was the world’s sexiest man. “Remember Kathleen?”
Of course, he remembered. Kathleen Hotchkiss, his first ever girlfriend. “How is she? You guys are still friends, right?”
“Yeah. She’s a CPA now, following daddy’s footstep in the financial world.”

No comments:

Post a Comment